NuGet Server is essentially a self-hosted wrapper of the NuGet.Server package. NuGet Server is distributed with its own IIS Express instance and as such does not require a webserver to be installed on the machine.
- .NET 4.6 or higher
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Install as a Windows Service
- Download Install.msi from the Releases page
- Run Install.msi as a user with Administrator privledges
- Complete all wizard steps
- Browse to http://localhost:8080
Run from the Command Line
- Download NuGetServer.zip from the Releases page
- Unzip NuGetServer.zip to a location of your choosing
- Run Svenkle.NuGetServer.Service.exe
You can configure many different features of the host using the applicationhost.config file located in Host\Website\Configuration.
API Key, Package location etc.
You can customise all of the normal NuGet.Server functionality by editing the Web.config located in Host\Website. Further documentation on the configuration settings can be found here.
How is this different to the Cassini based NuGet Server?
It's simple! This one is free and open-source.
Why do you bundle IIS Express as an MSI?
In order to increase support for servers that do not have IIS Express installed it must be bundled with the service. The Microsoft license agreement for IIS Express only allows distribution in .msi form.