NeoCSV is an elegant and efficient standalone Smalltalk framework to read and write CSV converting to or from Smalltalk objects.
Go ahead and read the NeoCSV paper.
Basically, NeoCSV deals with a format that
- is text based (ASCII, Latin1, Unicode)
- consists of records, 1 per line (any line ending convention)
- where records consist of fields separated by a delimiter (comma, tab, semicolon)
- where every record has the same number of fields
- where fields can be quoted should they contain separators or line endings