collective.httpproxy is a Plone product which adds an archetypes content type 'HTTP Proxy'.
With an 'HTTP Proxy' content, you can proxy an HTTP application (PHP, Pyramid, ...) through a Plone portal.
- http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.app.registry (included in Plone >= 4.1)
After collective.httpproxy installation, you can add an 'HTTP Proxy' just as any other Plone content. For every 'HTTP Proxy' you need, you can configure the URL of an external website (or web application) and it's encoding.
Optionnaly, you can also configure which part of the external HTML content you want to display into your Plone site, by configuring a list of triplets rules :
- External URL starts with
- Content part start tag for this URL
- Content part end tag for this URL
More specific rules (longuest URL part) take precedence.
Note that 'HTTP Proxy' is not a full-featured proxy, and it may be better if you have some control over the proxied application :
- URL should always be relative
- tags structure should be clean and useful
- Sébastien VERBOIS aka sverbois - email@example.com
- Laurent LASUDRY aka laz - firstname.lastname@example.org