This is the source code of my resume (on Github to share my format with others).
You should only edit the contents in
and the generated files will be located in
- The actual data is stored in yaml files
- Python script generates docx, txt and HTML (we plan to do LaTeX or markdown later)
Editable, why we use docx
If you give a pdf, people cannot edit it. If you give latex source, you are just weird.
Large coorperations sometimes want to anonymize resumes, preventing discrimination etc.
Recruiters also do things to your resume, deal with it, they understand the HR language better than us techies.
- US format: https://www.zipjob.com/blog/us-resume-format/
- EU format: https://europa.eu/europass/en
- Great examples: https://enhancv.com/resume-examples/
- possible option for generation of PDF: https://themes.gohugo.io/hugo-theme-winning/
- during interview
- bring printed resume
- have questions on paper about vacancy
- be relaxed, ask control questions
- ask when project success, which challenges, which metrics