This is Jason.
Jason is a mailman who likes to compete in hackathons and make side projects in his spare time.
However he wastes a lot of time evaluating boilerplates and starter kits arbitrarily.
This makes Jason a sad mailman.
Help Jason rate boilerplates.
A hackathon/starter kit/boilerplate rating engine.
- SEARCH: Search open source boilerplates by desired stack (we crawl the
package.jsonfor you... geddit? eh? no laughs? tough crowd.)
- FAVE: Keep a list of your favorites you can come back to and use
- SCORE: Rapidly evaluate the cognitive load of any boilerplate you come across!
With his new boilerplate skills, Jason even has time to ask Package Jane out on a date!
Will she accept? Stay tuned!
What is cognitive load?
Cognitive load is 50% External Load and 50% Internal Load.
- External Load = Number of root deps + (Total number of all deps + Number of root devDeps)
- "deps" here mean "dependencies" in case it wasn't obvious
We contrast this with a Popularity Score (adopting the approach of npms.io) to achieve a quantifiable tradeoff of cost/benefit.
So how do I use this thing?
You can't. Package Jason is still working on it. This isn't launched yet. However we appreciate your interest.
So is "Package" a title or a job description or a last name or...?