McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30
This is a project to develop the McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30 widebody transport and its deriratives for FlightGear Flight Simulator.
It is effectively frozen in beta stage, as I have little time or motivation to devote to big projects like this. The aircraft currently features a complete model, FDM, and a highly realistic autopilot. The KC-10A also features working air-to-air refueling over multiplayer.
Contributions and pull requests, of course, are welcome.
The latest DC-10-30 is pushed out to fgdata before the next FlightGear release.
See LICENSE (duh).
FDM and model made by myself, Ryan Miller.
Special thanks to:
- Ampere Hardraade for the internal GE CF6C-50 jet engine model.
- Syd Adams for the electrical system, the HSI, and for just being one of the best aircraft developers in FlightGear. :)
- Heiko Schulz for the altimeter from the 737-300.
- Csaba Halasz ("Jester") and Anders Gidenstam ("AndersG") for assistance and various pointers over FlightGear IRC.
- Thomas Ito-Haigh ("Armchair Ace") for the Northwest Airlines livery, the Japan Air Systems livery, the Canadien International livery, and the engine fandisk texture.
- The (many) authors of the KC-135E for making air-to-air refueling possible in FlightGear, and for the tanker boom model which was heavily adapted for the KC-10A.
- The awesome folks at Global Virtual Air (formerly Atlas Virtual Airlines) for supporting me during this project!
- Many others for several amazing liveries!
- KC-10A mid-air refueling tanker (functional)
Other DC-10 projects
Isaias Prestes is also developing (or was developing) a DC-10 for FlightGear.
My model is superior in every way, shape, or form, and is also part of the official FlightGear proejct.