This syntax file plugin has been completely rewritten from the original code written by Ben Williams.
vim markdown-<version>.vba.gz +":source %"
Done! All files will be extracted in your Vim home. If you checkout from repository, install using the following commands:
You maybe contributes to source. So, send a feedback in issue tracker.
Vim-Markdown is hosted on Github (fork project).
Visit the script homepage for more information.
The development this plugin is based in prototyping. The workflow applied is following:
- Write the text with the Markdown syntax.
- Write the test based on sourcing files for highlighting the syntax.
- Run and see results on the screen.
- Commit the code that works.
The tests run with the following command:
The final result, the syntax and your configurations, are builded, saved and released in the master branch.
This syntax highlight add the following features:
- Coalesce all the Markdown characters as asterisks, underscores, backticks for improve the reading.
- All colors used in HTML syntax are used.
- Highlighting for all HTML tags.
- Includes useful snippets for a faster typing.
- Includes documentation of Markdown syntax.
Copyright (c) 2011 Hallison Batista email@example.com