A custom WordPress theme.
Building the Project
Building assets for this project requires a few little tools.
- Sass: a “CSS preprocessor” that extends regular ol’ CSS with some goodies
- Gulp: a command line build system
- You need to have Ruby running on your machine (most systems come with it pre-installed).
- Open a shell window and run
gem install sass. (You may need to run
sudo gem install sassif it doesn’t work.)
Getting Gulp Up and Running
- Gulp runs on Node.js. Download and install Node.js.
- To install Gulp and its dependencies, navigate to this project’s root folder in a shell window and run
gulp in the project’s root folder to build the theme’s stylesheets and scripts.