Join GitHub today
It’s recommended that Capstone use a static front page and a posts page. Set this in Dashboard → Settings → Reading:
This will give the front page its custom fields.
Perhaps Capstone’s most important feature is its front page template. It gives you control over what shows up on the front page. There are five areas:
- Intro: This controls the introductory text on the home page. Leave it blank if you don’t want to use introductory text.
- Work: This allows you to link to one of your single works. You’re able to give the section a title and a paragraph and control the button’s text.
- About: This section links to the About page. You can give it a background and control its text.
- Blog: This section pulls the latest post from the blog.
- Contact: This section is designed to drive visitors to your Contact page. You can control its image and text and link URL.
Capstone comes with a few custom widgets that integrate with the theme’s design:
Page Callout Widget
This widget makes linking to a page effortless. Optionally give it a title, short text and include the page’s thumbnail.
Easily include a testimonial using this widget:
Social Media Links
Output a variety of social media links in a theme-friendly design:
If you have any suggestions, feel free to edit this page.