Software Carpentry workshop at Scripps, Nov 15-16, 2012
NOTE: For real-time help either before or during the workshop, you are welcome to try posting in our chat room: http://j.mp/SWCchat
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 install day1 day2
The Analyzing Next-Generation Sequencing Data summer course is a good resource for people interested in NGS specifically.
Scripps computational info
- IT has set up a temporary server for use by class participants. The server name is it-test7.lj.ad.scripps.edu
- IT also invites users who want to do more computational work to request accounts on garabaldi
- To request an account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account will provide access to two nodes for interactive use, and also the potential of using our high-performance computing (HPC) cluster.
- IT also maintains two general-purpose compute servers: home.scripps.edu, app.scripps.edu
- Both are older machines that currently aren't well supported.
- We suggest you not use these servers to use/practice the skills learned in this workshop
- To encourage IT to make these more up-to-date and publicized resources, use it-test7
- Also, sign up for the mailing list of the Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (CBB) Affinity Group
- For the moment, we will leave up the hipchat room. If you feel like it, post your questions and/or answer others' questions: http://j.mp/SWCchat
Indices and tables