This repository includes all of my custom dotfiles. The system enviornment is MAC OS. They should be cloned to your home Projects directory so that the path is ~/Projects/dotfiles/. The included setup script creates symlinks from your home directory to the files which are located in ~/Projects/dotfiles/.
Backup your home original dotfiles if you need.
Get the repository whereever you want. I like to keep in ~/Projects/dotfiles
git clone https://github.com/swcool/dotfiles.git
Using homebrew to install apps such as zsh, tmux, git, and vim
cd dotfiles; setup/homebrew.sh
Symlink to dotfiles to home directory as
Start using your dotfiles' apps
- bin/ - Utility executable scripts, should be copy to ~/bin/
- git/ - Git related dotfiles and other configuration files.
- setup/ - Installation files for dotfiles' apps
- tmux/ - Tmux related dotfiles.
- vim/ - Vim related dotfiles and other configuration files.
- zsh/ - ZSH related dotfiles, aliases and other files.