Integrated File and Object Access for Swift Object Storage
ProxyFS is a hierarchical file system that provides integrated file and object API access for data stored with Swift object storage for the same data. It supports SMB and NFS along with AWS S3 and Swift object protocols. We call this "bi-modal access", and it means that filesystem clients and mount and read/write data that is simultaneously accessible to object API clients.
How to Contribute
All code contributions for ProxyFS go through GitHub.
Please feel free to contribute by opening a pull request to the
development branch. If you see an open pull request, feel free to
review it and leave comments on it. ProxyFS follows a
If you'd like to ask questions, discuss ideas, or otherwise communicate with other ProxyFS contributors, please register for and participate in the ProxyFS dev mailing list or the ProxyFS Slack group, which you can join through this inivitation.
The officially supported development environment for ProxyFS is Runway. Please read Runway's documentation and make sure to use the ProxyFS manifest instead of the default one.
How to get the code (if not using Runway)
- Define your GOPATH as desired (where your bin/, /pkg, and /src/ directory trees will appear)
- cd $GOPATH
- mkdir -p src/github.com/swiftstack
- cd src/github.com/swiftstack
- git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:swiftstack/ProxyFS.git
- cd ProxyFS
- git submodule update --init --recursive
How to run unit tests (in your Development Environment)
- Install/update to at least Go 1.8.3 (if not using Runway)
- Ensure $GOPATH/bin is in your $PATH
- cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/swiftstack/ProxyFS
ProxyFS powers File Access for the SwiftStack product. See: http://swiftstack.com
See LICENSE file