Donate link: https://pascalbirchler.com
Tags: voice, search, speech, api,
Requires at least: 2.6
Tested up to: 4.2
Stable tag: 1.1.0
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Allows visitors to search the site using their voice.
Allows visitors to search the site using their voice. Currently only supported by Chrome on both desktop and mobile. See this technical reference for more details.
See this blog post for further information about the plugin.
- Upload the entire
/voice-searchdirectory to the
- Activate Voice Search through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Visit your website and start searching using your voice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is there no microphone button beneath the search form?
There could be many reasons for this:
- You’re not Google Chrome (check out the browser support here)
- Your theme doesn’t use the
get_search_form()function properly. The plugin relies on the default search form markup
- Your theme does some CSS things that prevents the microphone button from being displayed.
Does this plugin still allow users to type or does it entirely replace typing with voice search?
No, users are still able to type in the search box whatever they want. Voice search is just a nice addition.
How does it integrate with other search-enhancing plugins such as Relevanssi?
In my tests there weren’t any problems with other plugins like Relevanssi.
- The microphone button added to the search form by the plugin.
- Less patience for quicker feedback after speech input
- Pressing enter now submits the form instead of triggering the microphone button
- Improve compatibility with themes that initially hide the search forms
- Update browser support info in the readme
- Complete rewrite of the plugin
- Improved theme compatibility
- Improvement: Better theme compatibility
- Initial release
Pressing enter now submits the form instead of triggering the microphone button. Also, quicker feedback thanks to less patience.
Some themes have really bad search forms. But don’t worry no more! This plugins supports themes like Divi too!
This update brings you even better compatibility with popular themes.