Sydney Elixir Meetups
A repo to store all the slides and resources from the Sydney Elixir Meetups.
Open a PR with your slides for past meetups or open an issue with a talk proposal.
Just the slides for now, but we can easily add a static site using github pages.
Happy hacking, Josh
Future Talk Ideas
- Want to hear a topic?
- Want to show off a project you've been working on?
- Want to share some interesting tips or tricks?
- Want to explore a library in more depth?
- Know something about anything in the topic list below?
Please open a new Github issue on this repo.
Topics People want
- More beginner focussed talks
- OTP part 2 (in depth)
- distributed architectural patterns
- Distributed Elixir
- Dealing with dependencies
- Elixir Deployment
- Neural Nets implemented with Erlang Processes (Josh)
- Collaborative text editor CRDTs (James Sadler)
- Cool BEAM (James)
- Elm (igas)
Other Non-Talk Ideas
- Practical project colloborative exercise (OTP)
- Build the sydney website
- Exercism homework and discussion
- Libraries people are using
- Mob coding
- Book club - reading and discussion
Topics we already covered
- 1.4 process registry
- Nerves workshop! (Andrew H)
- Phoenix more in depth, Phoenix specifics
- Ecto (2.1)