Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release is amazingly fantastic, and it is with pleasure that I announce the availability of Singularity version 2.4! There are some really fantastic updates, fixes, optimizations and coolness contained in this version and here is a brief summary of changes:
- Singularity Build Command: Building an image is now more intuitive with the introduction of our build command. You don't need to worry about sizes or using create, or bootstrap, you just build!
- Compressed immutable images: By default the build command now creates compressed read only containers using squashfs
- Build Bases: Singularity now supports building additional base targets: local images, Singularity Hub, or the host operating system itself.
- SCI-F: A well documented solution for internal container modularity (http://containers-ftw.org/SCI-F/)
- Instances: By popular demand and bribery, we are bringing back persistent instance support. You can now start up a container instance and using a given name, you can connect to that instance, and it keeps running even when you exit!
- Network namespace: We are now using the network namespace to provide network isolation
- Persistent overlays: Using a persistent overlay, you can modify a container image and all changes are written to the overlay layer
- Cleanup and optimization of the Singularity image library
Thank you and have fun containerizing the world!