Spend more time coding your awesome app, and less time writing boilerplate.
Pith is a colleciton of front-end libraries, tools, boilerplate, and sane defaults for modular single-page pplications.
Pith is comprised of the following components:
- Client Side MVC (Backbone JS)
- Dependency Management System (RequireJS)
- Unit Testing Framework (PhantomJS / Mocha / Chai)
- Templating System (Handlebars)
- DOM Manipulation (jQuery)
- Utility functions (Underscore / Underscore:String)
- CSS Preprocessor (Less)
- Awesome CSS defaults and cool widgetes (Twitter Bootstrap)
- Build system (grunt)
- Lightweight backend webserver (NodeJS / Express)
- A bunch of boilerplate and biuld scripts I wrote to make everything work easy and seamlessly.
- Super light-weight
- Completely modularized
- Out of the box build process that lints, compiles, minifies etc.
- Easily customizable
- fork this repo
git clone <your-new-github-url>
sudo npm install -g grunt(if not already installed)
npm installInstalls other dependencies.
gruntDo the initial build so css and template files are compiled.
npm startStarts the web server.
- Point your browser to
grunt prodKick off a production-ready build. Like the default but with more optimized/minifiied/etc output.
grunt testRun unit tests from the command line (requires PhantomJS). (Alternatively Open
testrunner/index.htmlto view unit tests in your browser)
grunt watchAll inclusive watch to update generated files when the sources change. Reompiles less files, lints JS files, and recompiles templates.