PDF TOC (plugin for Omeka)
Omeka plugin to extract TOC from PDF files, and show it with Bookreader viewer plugin.
See demo of the in Bibliothèque numérique de l'université Rennes 2 (France).
You can also display toc on item show.
See demo of the in 1886, digital library of university Bordeaux 3 (France).
- This plugin needs pdftk command-line tool on your server
sudo apt-get install pdftk
- Upload the PDF TOC plugin folder into your plugins folder on the server;
- you can install the plugin via github
cd omeka/plugins git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:symac/Plugin-PdfToc.git "PdfToc"
- Activate it from the admin → Settings → Plugins page
- Click the Configure link to process or not existing PDF files.
Using the PDF TOC Plugin
- Create an item
- Add PDF file(s) to this item
- Save Item
- To locate extracted table of content, select the item to which the PDF is attached. Select File from the Item navigation. Click on the name of the file.
- BookReader : This plugin adds Internet Archive BookReader into Omeka.
See online PDF TOC issues.
This plugin is published under [GNU/GPL].
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
- Syvain Machefert, Université Bordeaux 3 (see symac)