This version (beta) is unstable.
- Calculator (essential!)
- Brackets code editor
- Basic text editor (gedit)
- File manager with copy-paste, drag'n'drop, file sharing, searching...
- Google Docs to display and edit your documents
- Chat app which supports XMPP (Google, Facebook, with multiple accounts and OTR encryption) as well as WebRTC (text messages, file sending, video calls, screencasts...)
- Basic word processor
- Basic multimedia player
- Music player (based on GNOME Music)
- Basic web browser
- Terminal (with a basic interpreter)
- Image viewer, archive manager, software centre...
- Customizable: themes, background and so on
- Multiple interfaces: Elementary OS, GNOME Shell, GNOME Panel (GNOME 2), Windows 7-like, mobile, CLI
- Easy configuration with a System settings app and simple config files
- Dropbox, Google Drive, FTP, FTPS, SFTP (SSH) integration
- LDAP authentication support
- Firefox Marketplace apps integration
- Native GTK3 apps can be displayed on the web desktop using Broadway
- Available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- WebSocket support
- Can be used in standalone mode (which just requires a static server, no PHP)
- And more!
You can try Symbiose on our website : http://symbiose.fr.cr/ (username : demo, password : demo).
Have a bug ? Please create an issue here on GitHub : https://github.com/symbiose/symbiose/issues.
Run the following command on *nix:
curl -sS https://symbiose.github.io/symbiose-installer/installer.sh | sh
On Windows or if you prefer a manual installation, see https://github.com/symbiose/symbiose/wiki/Installing.
- PHP >= 5.3
- Database: optional (off by default)
- Client: a fast and modern web browser (e.g. the latest Mozilla Firefox). Tested on:
- Firefox (latest version)
- Chromium (latest version)
- Internet Explorer 10+, if you're lucky!
NB: Symbiose can also run in standalone mode, which doesn't require PHP.
Symbiose is licensed under the MIT License (MIT). A copy of the license is available in
Copyright (C) 2014 Simon Ser