Stable releases available for use at http://typesetter.symbolset.com/
The Font Testing Page is a tool primarily intended for type designers and independent foundries to 'Drag and Drop' their work in progress into a browser. It can also be used by art directors, graphic designers, teachers and students interested in seeing how a typeface works on the web.
There is a short video demonstrating this tool, http://vimeo.com/40296571
Operation is simple:
- First, you must accept the request from the browser.
- Then drag the font you want to try to the upper area of the Testing Page
- Add more fonts and you'll see their file names and file sizes as buttons
Below the drop area you see some buttons to select different layouts:
- Requires Firefox 3.6+/Chrome 13+
- 100% safe: Your fonts are only stored in your own browser (using
localStorage) and nothing gets uploaded to any server
- Developed by Pablo Impallari (http://impallari.com)
- Designed by Pablo Cosgaya (http://omnibus-type.com)
Code is available under the MIT License, see LICENSE.md for full details
Page text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike v3.0 License