Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
20130607 irc meeting
IRC transcription: http://irclog.codelabs.nl/transcript/symfony-cmf/2013-06-07
- review open PRs http://cmf.davidbu.ch / http://ghag.dantleech.com
- switch recommended editor to CKEditor
- co-maintainers needed for all Sonata bundles
- rmsint - try to join in time (another meeting), otherwise for the block:
- caching PR, needed for 1.0?
- admin related points, currently we can better wait for general admin extension -> untill when to wait before implementing minimum requirements, what is realistic?
- Tree browser refactoring (dtl)
- Decoupling from Sonata Admin
- Show all by default
- Removal of FOSJsRouting - replace with explcitly declared edit routes
- Sonata MediaBundle PHPCR implementation (dtl)
- Does this work? https://github.com/sonata-project/SonataMediaBundle/pull/343
- (dbu) use Model namespace in BlockBundle? but do XML mappings for sure.
- (dbu) use sandbox as testbed for all bundles?
- nikolaPetkandki (idle)
- Finished PWF ticket for MenuBundke
- PWF Extension in CoreBundle is merged
- PWF now also implemented for content
- Opened PR for PWF on the BlogBundle
- XML Mappings for MenuBundle /cc dbu why doesnt multilang work
- Added a couple of things to the Testing component: https://github.com/symfony-cmf/Testing/compare/22d46eb7d4...b96717780b
- Tree Browser Refactoring
- adapting phpc to jcr changes since last november
- notable feature: can filter on node type
- has been integratin RoutingBudle into his application
- jackrabbit not copying UUID http://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg19331.html
- hoping to get more done next week and update documentation
- merged UTC change in doctrine dbal
- intends to merge the PR to split the reference table in two today
- investingating issues with query support that were introduced with the join support
- hoping to do jackalope releases today
- has also fixed some issues with move operations in phpcr-odm
- also hoping to release a PHPCR-ODM today
- opened PR for functional testing in the CoreBundle
- requesting help for fixing bugs with
- has moved to the cmf media bundle last week
- has lots of research to do to check several implementations and validate the interfaces
- has been looking at the gaufrette adapter, ingegration of SonataMedia and integration with phpcr an ORM
- and looking "sideways" to integration with media browsers like elfinder, ckfinder, etc.
- has been logging progress in PR: https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MediaBundle/pull/2
- Made progress on PR for handling of mixed collections: https://github.com/sonata-project/SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle/issues/80
- Not happy with somethings, but will discuss once the WIP PR is complete
- Fixed a couple of SonataAdmin related things
- And is looking at the issues in the SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle
Review of Open PRS (lsmith)
- Concern about number of open PRs
- Risk of wasting lots of time rebasing and re-fixing unmerged PRs
- 33 open PRs in symfony-cmf
- Lets add filter by user to PRs on cmf.davidbu.ch
- Summary: lets improve the situation and redicuss next week
- Fabien is going to send logo set
- Will vote on if we accept or reject Fabiens proposal
CreateBundle default editor
lsmith: Seems we need to switch from halo to something else for default as halo proving difficult to contribute to.
Proposal to switch to CKEditor
Sjopet suggests some sort of generic pre / post hooks to cleanup of manipulate the generated HTML, dbu suggest postpoing until after 1.0
DBU supports hallo to continue playing its role. Powerful WYSYWG on main page content, then more minimal editing for individual blocks. Image as seperate field, not part of HTML blob.
[Votes] for CKEditor: dbu +1, sjopet +1, rmsint +1, lsmith +1, fazy +1
[ACTION] : lsmith will handle to switch, but will be happy if somebody else wants the job.
MediaBundle dependency to be deferred for now.
- Rande interested in increasing number of people with commit access to Sonata. If people are interested, talk to @rande.
Tree Bundle Refactoring
- dantleech is working on decoupling the treebrowserbundle from sonata admin
- discussion of dropping FOSJsRouting if possible
- policy on showing nodes - default to show all, but have different options
- possiblity of having a base form type for tree browser
- dantleech says updating media seems to try and delete his media folder
- also points out broken code
- [ACTION] rmsint says he will try and look at it next week
- @dbu has started moving document rote classes to the Model namespace and to create XML mappings for them.
- [VOTE] Implement Model structure on all CMF bundles: lsmith +1, dbu +1, rmsint +1, dantleech +1
Run all tests (for all components + bundles) in sandbox
- dbu: it would be cool to be able to run phpunit in the
sandbox and have all unit and functional tests of all cmf + phpcr-odm + sonata run with the same code
- If we continue to implement the testing component in bundles we should eventually be in a strong position to make this work.
- rmsint wants to implement PWFC in BlockBundle
- sjopet wants to add lists to the admins in the sandbox
- lsmith suggests the next tag set should be "beta"
- dantleech wants changelogs to accompany each PR
- dantleech asks about meetup structure for the 20/21
- dbu replies that we will decide in the week before
- lsmith suggests anybody with any forward-tinking ideas might want to do a presentation.
- dantleech will mention CMF traning to former employer
- rmsint: Do we need bulletproof caching in 1.0, or is it good as it is now?
- lsmith thinks we should have it for 1.0
- rande says we need to finalize: https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlockBundle/pull/67