- added option "choice_translation_domain" to ChoiceType.
- deprecated option "precision" in favor of "scale"
- deprecated the overwriting of AbstractType::setDefaultOptions() in favor of overwriting AbstractType::configureOptions().
- deprecated the overwriting of AbstractTypeExtension::setDefaultOptions() in favor of overwriting AbstractTypeExtension::configureOptions().
- added new ChoiceList interface and implementations in the Symfony\Component\Form\ChoiceList namespace
- added new ChoiceView in the Symfony\Component\Form\ChoiceList\View namespace
- choice groups are now represented by ChoiceGroupView objects in the view
- deprecated the old ChoiceList interface and implementations
- deprecated the old ChoiceView class
- added CheckboxListMapper and RadioListMapper
- deprecated ChoiceToBooleanArrayTransformer and ChoicesToBooleanArrayTransformer
- deprecated FixCheckboxInputListener and FixRadioInputListener
- deprecated the "choice_list" option of ChoiceType
- added new options to ChoiceType:
- Added back the
- added "html5" option to Date, Time and DateTimeFormType to be able to enable/disable HTML5 input date when widget option is "single_text"
- added "label_format" option with possible placeholders "%name%" and "%id%"
- [BC BREAK] drop support for model_timezone and view_timezone options in TimeType, DateType and BirthdayType, update to 2.6.2 to get back support for these options
- deprecated options "max_length" and "pattern" in favor of putting these values in "attr" option
- added an option for multiple files upload
- form errors now reference their cause (constraint violation, exception, ...)
- form errors now remember which form they were originally added to
- [BC BREAK] added two optional parameters to FormInterface::getErrors() and changed the method to return a Symfony\Component\Form\FormErrorIterator instance instead of an array
- errors mapped to unsubmitted forms are discarded now
- ObjectChoiceList now compares choices by their value, if a value path is given
- you can now pass interface names in the "data_class" option
- [BC BREAK] added
- moved CSRF implementation to the new Security CSRF sub-component
- deprecated CsrfProviderInterface and its implementations
- deprecated options "csrf_provider" and "intention" in favor of the new options "csrf_token_generator" and "csrf_token_id"
- deprecated FormPerformanceTestCase and FormIntegrationTestCase in the Symfony\Component\Form\Tests namespace and moved them to the Symfony\Component\Form\Test namespace
- deprecated TypeTestCase in the Symfony\Component\Form\Tests\Extension\Core\Type namespace and moved it to the Symfony\Component\Form\Test namespace
- changed FormRenderer::humanize() to humanize also camel cased field name
- added RequestHandlerInterface and FormInterface::handleRequest()
- deprecated passing a Request instance to FormInterface::bind()
- added options "method" and "action" to FormType
- deprecated option "virtual" in favor "inherit_data"
- deprecated VirtualFormAwareIterator in favor of InheritDataAwareIterator
- [BC BREAK] removed the "array" type hint from DataMapperInterface
- improved forms inheriting their parent data to actually return that data from getData(), getNormData() and getViewData()
- added component-level exceptions for various SPL exceptions changed all uses of the deprecated Exception class to use more specialized exceptions instead removed NotInitializedException, NotValidException, TypeDefinitionException, TypeLoaderException, CreationException
- added events PRE_SUBMIT, SUBMIT and POST_SUBMIT
- deprecated events PRE_BIND, BIND and POST_BIND
- [BC BREAK] renamed bind() and isBound() in FormInterface to submit() and isSubmitted()
- added methods submit() and isSubmitted() to Form
- deprecated bind() and isBound() in Form
- deprecated AlreadyBoundException in favor of AlreadySubmittedException
- added support for PATCH requests
- [BC BREAK] added initialize() to FormInterface
- [BC BREAK] added getAutoInitialize() to FormConfigInterface
- [BC BREAK] added setAutoInitialize() to FormConfigBuilderInterface
- [BC BREAK] initialization for Form instances added to a form tree must be manually disabled
- PRE_SET_DATA is now guaranteed to be called after children were added by the form builder, unless FormInterface::setData() is called manually
- fixed CSRF error message to be translated
- custom CSRF error messages can now be set through the "csrf_message" option
- fixed: expanded single-choice fields now show a radio button for the empty value
- TrimListener now removes unicode whitespaces
- deprecated getParent(), setParent() and hasParent() in FormBuilderInterface
- FormInterface::add() now accepts a FormInterface instance OR a field's name, type and options
- removed special characters between the choice or text fields of DateType unless the option "format" is set to a custom value
- deprecated FormException and introduced ExceptionInterface instead
- [BC BREAK] FormException is now an interface
- protected FormBuilder methods from being called when it is turned into a FormConfigInterface with getFormConfig()
- [BC BREAK] inserted argument
$messagein the constructor of
- the PropertyPath class and related classes were moved to a dedicated PropertyAccess component. During the move, InvalidPropertyException was renamed to NoSuchPropertyException. FormUtil was split: FormUtil::singularify() can now be found in Symfony\Component\PropertyAccess\StringUtil. The methods getValue() and setValue() from PropertyPath were extracted into a new class PropertyAccessor.
- added an optional PropertyAccessorInterface parameter to FormType, ObjectChoiceList and PropertyPathMapper
- [BC BREAK] PropertyPathMapper and FormType now have a constructor
- [BC BREAK] setting the option "validation_groups" to
falsenow disables validation instead of assuming group "Default"
- [BC BREAK]
read_onlyfield attribute now renders as
- [BC BREAK] child forms now aren't validated anymore by default
- made validation of form children configurable (new option: cascade_validation)
- added support for validation groups as callbacks
- made the translation catalogue configurable via the "translation_domain" option
- added Form::getErrorsAsString() to help debugging forms
- allowed setting different options for RepeatedType fields (like the label)
- added support for empty form name at root level, this enables rendering forms without form name prefix in field names
- [BC BREAK] form and field names must start with a letter, digit or underscore and only contain letters, digits, underscores, hyphens and colons
- [BC BREAK] changed default name of the prototype in the "collection" type from "$$name$$" to "__name__". No dollars are appended/prepended to custom names anymore.
- [BC BREAK] improved ChoiceListInterface
- [BC BREAK] added SimpleChoiceList and LazyChoiceList as replacement of ArrayChoiceList
- added ChoiceList and ObjectChoiceList to use objects as choices
- [BC BREAK] removed EntitiesToArrayTransformer and EntityToIdTransformer. The former has been replaced by CollectionToArrayTransformer in combination with EntityChoiceList, the latter is not required in the core anymore.
- [BC BREAK] renamed
- ArrayToBooleanChoicesTransformer to ChoicesToBooleanArrayTransformer
- ScalarToBooleanChoicesTransformer to ChoiceToBooleanArrayTransformer
- ArrayToChoicesTransformer to ChoicesToValuesTransformer
- ScalarToChoiceTransformer to ChoiceToValueTransformer to be consistent with the naming in ChoiceListInterface. They were merged into ChoiceList and have no public equivalent anymore.
- choice fields now throw a FormException if neither the "choices" nor the "choice_list" option is set
- the radio type is now a child of the checkbox type
- the collection, choice (with multiple selection) and entity (with multiple selection) types now make use of addXxx() and removeXxx() methods in your model if you set "by_reference" to false. For a custom, non-recognized singular form, set the "property_path" option like this: "plural|singular"
- forms now don't create an empty object anymore if they are completely empty and not required. The empty value for such forms is null.
- added constant Guess::VERY_HIGH_CONFIDENCE
- [BC BREAK] The methods
setDatain class Form now throw an exception if the form is already bound
- fields of constrained classes without a NotBlank or NotNull constraint are set to not required now, as stated in the docs
- fixed TimeType and DateTimeType to not display seconds when "widget" is "single_text" unless "with_seconds" is set to true
- checkboxes of in an expanded multiple-choice field don't include the choice in their name anymore. Their names terminate with "" now.
- deprecated FormValidatorInterface and substituted its implementations by event subscribers
- simplified CSRF protection and removed the csrf type
- deprecated FieldType and merged it into FormType
- added new option "compound" that lets you switch between field and form behavior
- [BC BREAK] renamed theme blocks
- "field_" to "form_"
- "field_widget" to "form_widget_simple"
- "widget_choice_options" to "choice_widget_options"
- "generic_label" to "form_label"
- added theme blocks "form_widget_compound", "choice_widget_expanded" and "choice_widget_collapsed" to make theming more modular
- ValidatorTypeGuesser now guesses "collection" for array type constraint
- added method
guessPatternto FormTypeGuesserInterface to guess which pattern to use in the HTML5 attribute "pattern"
- deprecated method
guessMinLengthin favor of
- labels don't display field attributes anymore. Label attributes can be passed in the "label_attr" option/variable
- added option "mapped" which should be used instead of setting "property_path" to false
- [BC BREAK] "data_class" now must be set if a form maps to an object and should be left empty otherwise
- improved error mapping on forms
- dot (".") rules are now allowed to map errors assigned to a form to one of its children
- errors are not mapped to unsynchronized forms anymore
- [BC BREAK] changed Form constructor to accept a single
- [BC BREAK] changed argument order in the FormBuilder constructor
- added Form method
- deprecated Form methods
- added FormBuilder methods
- deprecated FormBuilder methods
- deprecated the option "validation_constraint" in favor of the new option "constraints"
- removed superfluous methods from DataMapperInterface
setDefaultOptionsto FormTypeInterface and FormTypeExtensionInterface which accepts an OptionsResolverInterface instance
- deprecated the methods
getAllowedOptionValuesin FormTypeInterface and FormTypeExtensionInterface
- options passed during construction can now be accessed from FormConfigInterface
- added FormBuilderInterface and FormConfigEditorInterface
- [BC BREAK] the method
buildFormin FormTypeInterface and FormTypeExtensionInterface now receives a FormBuilderInterface instead of a FormBuilder instance
- [BC BREAK] the method
buildViewBottomUpwas renamed to
finishViewin FormTypeInterface and FormTypeExtensionInterface
- [BC BREAK] the options array is now passed as last argument of the
finishViewin FormTypeInterface and FormTypeExtensionInterface
- [BC BREAK] no options are passed to
getParentof FormTypeInterface anymore
- deprecated DataEvent and FilterDataEvent in favor of the new FormEvent which is now passed to all events thrown by the component
- FormEvents::BIND now replaces FormEvents::BIND_NORM_DATA
- FormEvents::PRE_SET_DATA now replaces FormEvents::SET_DATA
- FormEvents::PRE_BIND now replaces FormEvents::BIND_CLIENT_DATA
- deprecated FormEvents::SET_DATA, FormEvents::BIND_CLIENT_DATA and FormEvents::BIND_NORM_DATA
- [BC BREAK] reversed the order of the first two arguments to
getChildrenin Form and FormBuilder in favor of
hasChildrenin Form and FormBuilder in favor of
- FormBuilder now implements \IteratorAggregate
- [BC BREAK] compound forms now always need a data mapper
- FormBuilder now maintains the order when explicitly adding form builders as children
- ChoiceType now doesn't add the empty value anymore if the choices already contain an empty element
- DateType, TimeType and DateTimeType now show empty values again if not required
- [BC BREAK] fixed rendering of errors for DateType, BirthdayType and similar ones
- [BC BREAK] fixed: form constraints are only validated if they belong to the validated group
Formand replaced it by a listener to FormEvents::PRE_BIND
- fixed: the "data" option supersedes default values from the model
- changed DateType to refer to the "format" option for calculating the year and day choices instead of padding them automatically
- [BC BREAK] DateType defaults to the format "yyyy-MM-dd" now if the widget is "single_text", in order to support the HTML 5 date field out of the box
- added the option "format" to DateTimeType
- [BC BREAK] DateTimeType now outputs RFC 3339 dates by default, as generated and consumed by HTML5 browsers, if the widget is "single_text"
- deprecated the options "data_timezone" and "user_timezone" in DateType, DateTimeType and TimeType and renamed them to "model_timezone" and "view_timezone"
- fixed: TransformationFailedExceptions thrown in the model transformer are now caught by the form
- added FormRegistryInterface, ResolvedFormTypeInterface and ResolvedFormTypeFactoryInterface
- deprecated FormFactory methods
- [BC BREAK] FormFactory now expects a FormRegistryInterface and a ResolvedFormTypeFactoryInterface as constructor argument
- [BC BREAK] The method
createBuilderin FormTypeInterface is not supported anymore for performance reasons
- [BC BREAK] Removed
- deprecated AbstractType methods
- ChoiceType now caches its created choice lists to improve performance
- [BC BREAK] Rows of a collection field cannot be themed individually anymore. All rows in the collection field now have the same block names, which contains "entry" where it previously contained the row index.
- [BC BREAK] When registering a type through the DI extension, the tag alias has to match the actual type name.
- added FormRendererInterface, FormRendererEngineInterface and implementations of these interfaces
- [BC BREAK] removed the following methods from FormUtil:
- [BC BREAK] renamed method
renderBlockin FormHelper to
blockand changed its signature
- made FormView properties public and deprecated their accessor methods
- made the normalized data of a form accessible in the template through the variable "form.vars.data"
- made the original data of a choice accessible in the template through the property "choice.data"
- added convenience class Forms and FormFactoryBuilderInterface