Please sign in to comment.
feature #24131 [Console] Do not display short exception trace for com…
…mon console exceptions (yceruto) This PR was merged into the 3.4 branch. Discussion ---------- [Console] Do not display short exception trace for common console exceptions | Q | A | ------------- | --- | Branch? | 3.4 | Bug fix? | no | New feature? | yes | BC breaks? | no | Deprecations? | no | Tests pass? | yes | Fixed tickets | - | License | MIT | Doc PR | - ![console_before](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/2028198/30173516-edb9e42c-93c5-11e7-882e-f8b0335387b3.png) I'd like reconsider [the new error output] with short exception trace always displayed at top, IMHO it's annoying for common exceptions (there is not real debugging reason, the message is clear enough) such as `Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\*` which have an impact into current CLI applications. However, I'm proposing display it for unexpected exceptions or if verbosity is enabled: ![console](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/2028198/30173085-94322636-93c4-11e7-81a6-bba807910e62.png) Note @nicolas-grekas's #21414 (comment) is still covered. : #21414 Commits ------- 47b1106 Do not display short exception trace for built-in console exceptions
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 3 additions and 4 deletions.
- +3 −1 src/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php
- +0 −1 src/Symfony/Component/Console/Tests/Fixtures/application_renderexception1.txt
- +0 −1 src/Symfony/Component/Console/Tests/Fixtures/application_renderexception2.txt
- +0 −1 src/Symfony/Component/Console/Tests/Fixtures/application_renderexception4.txt