This PR was merged into the master branch.
| Q | A
| ------------- | ---
| Bug fix? | no
| New feature? | yes
| BC breaks? | no
| Deprecations? | no
| Tests pass? | yes
| Fixed tickets | #3889, #6124
| License | MIT
| Doc PR | symfony/symfony-docs#2352
refs #1884, #1929
This is an alternative implementation for adding events to console applications.
This implementation has the following features:
* Available for anyone using the Console component and it is not tied to
FrameworkBundle (this is important as one thing we are trying to solve is
email sending from a command, and frameworks like Silex using the Console
component needs a solution too);
* Non-intrusive as the current code has not been changed (except for renaming
an internal variable that was wrongly named -- so that's not strictly needed
for this PR)
* The new DispatchableApplication class also works without a dispatcher,
falling back to the regular behavior. That makes easy to create applications
that can benefit from a dispatcher when available, but can still work
* Besides the *before* and *after* events, there is also an *exception* event
that is dispatched whenever an exception is thrown.
* Each event is quite powerful and can manipulate the input, the output, but
also the command to be executed.
4f9a55a refactored the implementation of how a console application can handle events
4edf29d added helperSet to console event objects
f224102 Added events for CLI commands