To contribute to Synergy, please create a pull request.Hacking Guide (especially the Code Style) to make sure you don't write bad code.
For each pull request...
1: Review the PR's code diff for any security exploits attempted on the build machine.
2: Create a branch using the following procedure (note: the pr- prefix and username are important, please keep the branch list neat and consistent).
git checkout -b pr-octocat-foobar-fix master git pull https://github.com/octocat/synergy.git NameOfPullRequest git push --set-upstream origin pr-octocat-foobar-fix
3: Assign the pr-testing label, and post a comment on the PR, for example...
Thanks for the pull request! Buildbot is now [building](http://buildbot.synergy-project.org/builders) your pull request (it usually takes about 30 minutes). When done, the packages will be automatically uploaded (http://synergy-project.org/nightly?filter=pr-octocat-foobar-fix). Please test and let me know if it worked.
5: Later, when you get round to it...
- Attempt to reproduce the bug before trying the packages
- If you can't repro, post a comment on the PR
- If you can repro, test the built packages (and comment on the PR)
- Review the patch and check the code style
- If it's good, merge the PR branch into master
- Hope that the fix didn't break something else