- Upload the 'order_entries' folder in this archive to your Symphony 'extensions' folder.
- Enable it by selecting the "Order Entries", choose Enable from the with-selected menu, then click Apply.
- You can now add the "Entry Order" field to your sections.
- Add the "Entry Order" field to your section and tick the "Show column" box.
- Click the column heading to sort table by the Entry Order field to enable drag and drop.
- When ordered ascending, drag entries within the table and the orders will be re-saved.
As of version 2.1.4 Order entries has an additional pagination order per entry. Through this one can set a particular section to be paginated or not.
When using normal pagination the extension makes sure that entries within the page start with the offset of that particular page. For Example if you're on page 3 with 20 entries per page, the first entry will take a minimum index of 41. As this is the least possible to be after the last one of the previous page.
Since Filtering made it to the core, some problems have arisen in regards to Order Entries. In it's previous form filtering and re-ordering would reset the index of that particular sort to start from 1.
This is not always the expected result, with the changes implemented in this version, the offset will start from the minimum index found in the entry.
So if you're sorting entries which were numbered
6 they will keep the same index values when resorted.
However if you are sorting
12 sorting would give the following indices;
Note that if you plan to use the sorting values only within the filtered views, and use that within your data sources this change will not impact your workflow.
Order Entries now supports an option to filter entries and order them separately. To activate this functionality you have to select which fields you would like to use for filtering from within the settings panel. Once saved, filtered views will have separate orders depending on your settings.
It is very important to note that with version 2.2 the "Filter value" used within the publish page matches whatever you put in your datasource. Sorting and order values are determined from the matching datasource parameter. If in the publish page was filtered by "Home" and your datasource filter says "home" the datasource ordering outputs will not match. An update to tackle this more comprehensively will be released shortly.