sync•gw is the one and only fully portable server software available providing synchronization service between nearly any mobile device and your web server.
- Written in PHP - no binary CPU depended code.
- Support of XML and WBXML protocol.
- Support of WebDAV (CalDAV and CardDAV) protocol.
- Support of MicroSoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) protocol (2.5, 12.0, 12.1, 14.0, 14.1, 16.0, 16.1).
- Only a web server with PHP is required to run sync•gw (no additional software or tools required).
- Full internationalization support.
- Multi byte support (support for e.g. Japanese language).
- Support for time zones..
- Multiple level of logging supported
- Intelligent field assignment - calculated based on mix of configuration file and probability calculation.
- Programming documentation available (see Developers Guide in the Downloads.
- Support for encrypted message exchange using SSL web server setting.
- Administrator browser interface with password protection.
- Contact synchronization support.
- Calendar and task synchronization support.
- Notes synchronization support.
- Experimental: Mail synchronization support.
sync•gw setup is very easy. Install this project, define a administrator password, connect a data base handler and sync•gw is ready for your first synchronization.
A detailed description of available configuration option is available in our browser interface documentation available in the here).
If you want to use sync•gw go to your base directory on your web server and enter
composer create-project syncgw/syncgw .
(Don't forget the "." at the end of the command line).
Then start sync•gw by typing into your browser's URL bar
http://[your-domain.tld]/[path to application directory]/sync.php.
At least select "Configure sync•gw" and check your settings and click on "Save".
This plugin is released under the GNU General Public License v3.0.