b64 is a very small and simple C-language library that provides Base-64 encoding and decoding. Also provided is a header-only C++ wrapper.
The b64 core library is a pure standalone component:
- It has zero dependencies on any other libraries. (Note: the C++ wrapper depends on the STLSoft libraries;)
- It has zero dependencies on any part of the C standard library, except in debug builds (where it depends on
- It has zero dependencies on any host operating system facilities;
- It does not allocate any memory;
- It is released under the BSD license, which basically means its free for any use, but you can't claim it's yours.
Base-64 conversion of binary regions, using b64, is available as part of the distribution of Pantheios, a high-performance C++ diagnostic logging API library.