Synfig Studio is a free and open-source 2D animation software, designed as powerful industrial-strength solution for creating film-quality animation using a vector and bitmap artwork. It eliminates the need to create animation frame-by frame, allowing you to produce 2D animation of a higher quality with fewer people and resources. Synfig Studio is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS X.
- Download the appimage file from the website.
- Left-click on the file and select
properties. Navigate to
permissionsand check the box that says
Allow executing file as program. Finally, run the file.
For more information see https://discourse.appimage.org/t/how-to-make-an-appimage-executable/80.
- Download the
.exefile from the website.
- Run the file. A wizard will then guide you through the rest of the installation.
- Download the
.dmgfile from the website.
- Drag the file into your applications directory, then run it.
If you get an error message like "can't be opened because it comes from a non identified developer", then do the fllowing:
- Locate the Synfig app in Finder (don’t use Launchpad to do this - Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu)
- Control-click the app icon, choose "Open" from the shortcut menu.
- Click Open.
The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can any registered app.
Note: You can also grant an exception for a blocked app by clicking the “Open Anyway” button in the General pane of Security & Privacy preferences. This button is available for about an hour after you try to open the app. To open this pane, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click General.
For more details please refer to this page - https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25088?locale=en_US
Building from source
See instructions here - https://synfig-docs-dev.readthedocs.io/en/latest/common/building.html
If you have previous synfig build installed in system path (e.g.
you are recommended to uninstall that.