κρατήστε μια υπόσχεση | kratíste mia ypóschesi | Keep a promise
What is Kratix?
Kratix is a framework that enables co-creation of capabilities by providing a clear contract between application and platform teams through the definition and creation of “Promises”. Using the GitOps workflow and Kubernetes-native constructs, Kratix provides a flexible solution to empower your platform team to curate an API-driven, bespoke platform that can easily be kept secure and up-to-date, as well as evolving as business needs change.
- provide the right abstractions to make your developers as productive, efficient, and secure as possible. Any capability can be encoded and delivered via a Promise, and once “Promised” the capability is available on-demand, at scale, across the organisation.
- codify the contract between platform teams and application teams for the delivery of a specific service, e.g. a database, an identity service, a supply chain, or a complete development pipeline of patterns and tools.
- can be shared and reused between platforms, teams, business units, even other organisations.
- are easy to build, deploy, and update. Bespoke business logic can be added to each Promise’s pipeline.
- can create “Workloads”, which are deployed, via the GitOps Toolkit, across fleets of Kubernetes clusters or other destinations.
A Promise is comprised of four elements:
- API: a Custom Resource Definition which defines the input from an app team to create instances of a capability.
- Dependencies: any resources necessary for any created Workloads.
- Workflows: business logic required when an instance of a capability is requested.
Want to see Kratix in action?
Check our documentation on kratix.io
- Get started with Kratix
- How Kratix Compares to Other Technologies in the Ecosystem
- Known issues