- This is a simple drop-in anti-spam CAPTCHA script written in PHP.
- PHP version 7+.
- It is loosely based on the CodeWalkers.com Simple PHP CAPTCHA (no longer online).
- Provided without any warranty or implication of fitness for any purpose.
- CAPTCHA difficulty (strength) is low to moderate, however custom captchas are usually not already broken by spammers.
- You may use and modify this script for any purpose as long as this README.md file and the following line is kept with the script:
Author: Sherri Wheeler (syntaxseed.com). Copyright (c) 2020.
Refer to the example.php file for a complete usage example.
Configuration settings are found at the top of the avcaptcha.php file.
True Type Fonts can be found in various places online. Google's Viga font has been included as an example. Recommended to use an unusual font to increase captcha strength. Sans-serif fonts are more difficult.
- Find the .ttf file you desire and place it in the resources/fonts/ directory in this avcaptcha directory.
- Edit the settings in avcaptcha.php to set the correct font file.
- 2020-03-07 - Updated for PHP 7.3.
- 2020-03-06 - Added to GitHub, improved readme and simplified the code.
- 2009-06-04 - Changed to use a jpg image as a base. Otherwise doesn't work in some environments.
- 2009-02-12 - Removed the need for the external JS file. Now uses inline JS for the reload button.
- 2009-02-11 - Created AVCaptcha.