SyntheticMass (syntheticmass.mitre.org) is a model of synthetic residents of the state of Massachusetts, with artificial health records for the fictional residents. This establishes a risk-free environment for:
- Data visualization
- Risk stratification
- Care management
- Clinical decision support
- Patient Reported data integration
- Evaluation of new treatment models
- Privacy and consent models
- Security and authorization models
- Third-party app development
SyntheticMass provides a sandbox for Health IT developers, researchers and clinicians interested in prototyping new healthcare solutions. It enables this through:
- Realistic data for fictional patients
- Data that is free of protected health information (PHI) and personally identifiable information (PII) constraints
- Datasets updated over time based on clinical healthcare models and epidemiological models of population health.
About the Team Behind SyntheticMass
The MITRE Corporation is a not-for-profit organization working in the public interest that operates federally funded research and development centers to provide innovative solutions to national problems.
- Release Notes
- Server Setup
- Deploying to Production
- Building the Site
- Using the FHIR API
- Synthetic Statistics Using Postgres
Additional third-party software packages we use are listed in the Release Notes document.
Copyright 2016 The MITRE Corporation
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.