Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This page contains notes for things that should be done to clean up the wiki.
Communicating with TinyG
This whole area is a mess. We need a page with some backgorund, and a page on the proper use of Linemode transmission protocol (4 buffer method).
- Tinyg-Communications-Programming Should be the start page. Other pages already link to this one.
Related pages that may useful data. Use these and get rid of stuff we don;t want:
Updating Firmware and Problems with Flashing
These pages should be reviewed so they hold together under one "Updating Firmware" or "Flashing TinyG" page. These pages mostly hang together, bit not all are linked from the parent page. I put a bulleted list of related pages at the top of the parent page. Here are the related pages that I found:
- TinyG-Updating-Firmware Parent page. Linked from sidebar
- TinyG-TG-Updater-App Child page
- SpDir-Continues-To-Flash-Error related page
- Firmware-Update-Verification-Failure related page
- Programming-TinyG-with-an-External-Programmer Outdated?
- TinyG-Boot-Loader May be a child page of something else.
We already have an OX CNC Guide and a Shapeoko guide, in the form of these 2 pages:
We might want to consolidate the Shapeoko stuff to a single start page and any child pages. If we have any machines we want to to feature we can use the same format. Just create a guide for each one. This is probably less important that a bunch of other stuff.
Pages that should be reviewed and revised
- Developer-Home-Page is blank. It either needs to be deleted or used for something
- Dual-Gantry-Configuration Superseded by the Shapeoko page
- Probing-Description-and-Operation is blank
- Data Sheets. Should have all the schematics and files. Do we want to go fully OSH on this now?
- TinyG-Shapeoko-Notes Has TGFX in it.
Pages to Delete
- TinyG-Configuration Not used anymore - goes direct to current version