TraqBio is a intuitively useable and a readily implementable open-source web application for progress tracking in core units. Its main intention is the communication of projects status between a core unit and its users.
TraqBio is developed at the Institute of Medical Systems Biology at Ulm University.
- Project progress tracking akin to tracking of parcel deliveries
- Customisable e-mail notification of users and staff
- Simple, modular and highly flexible project concept
- Sequence of work packages
- Ad hoc workflow modifications of running projects
- Project templates
- Archive of completed projects
- Account-less user access to progress information pages
- Tracking links via e-mail notification +Information about work package results
- Simple and quick demo setup
- Flexible permanent setup
- Standalone application
- Proxied application (integration into existing web server)
- Responsive design: well accessible from mobile devices
- Timeline view for staff actions
- Supports any operating system for which Java is available (at least Java 7).
- Transport encryption
- Scripting API for automated work packages (work-in-progress)
A TraqBio demo installation can be setup quickly following this guide.
The TraqBio documentation is located at http://sysbio-bioinf.github.io/TraqBio.
TraqBio is distributed under the MIT License:
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright Fabian Schneider and Gunnar Völkel © 2014-2020
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.