Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
Getting started with GRPC protocol
Build and run from command line
- define your message and service schema in proto syntax.
- build project using gradle. This will generate compiled java source and classes.
- Create a server side implementation from generated stubs. Check
- Create a server
no.sysco.middleware.workshops.impl.Server.java and run it.
- Create a client
no.sysco.middleware.workshops.impl.Client.java and run it.
- Open terminal
- Clone the project repository:
git clone https://github.com/PrakharSrivastav/grpc-protobuf-starter.git
- Go to project root
- Build the project
- Run the server
- Run the client
- The number against the fields in protobuf should not change. Changing assigned number will cause breaking changes in the api. It would also mean that client and server stubs needs to be recreated.
- New fields can be added in the protobuf without breaking the message contract. However, side effects of the changes should be handled by the server and the client.
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.