💡 A Design a Day
- On each day in 2019, I will add a new design to this repo.
- The design must have context and be thought-out, but it can be any kind of design (UI, process, physical, code, etc) and does not need to be precise (hand drawings ok).
- The design could be a completely new idea, or a major addition to an existing idea. Less than 1/3 of the designs can be additions.
Hello, world! I am a new-ish software engineer aspiring to be better at design and writing.
For the past 5 years or so, I've had a lot of ideas that I've wanted to become reality, but these ideas have never seen the light of day for various reasons:
- I am lazy.
- I am too much of a perfectionist – I tend to not want to show an idea to others until I feel like I've completely thought it through.
- I am slow at writing down ideas eloquently and in a presentable way.
With this repo, I aim to change that! By the end of 2019, I hope to be:
- less lazy (or at least have enough inertia to appear less lazy)
- more okay with imperfection and works in progress
- better at striking a balance between writing fast and writing well I'll also have a nice list of 365 ideas, so that's cool, too.
I hope that this repo – or the ideas contained therein – inspires you as well!
– Sean Zhu (github.com/szhu)
P.S. check out my previous attempt at this (I lasted a grand total of 1 day): https://github.com/szhu/dailyui-2016