Bash script(s) generating a fully responsive HTML page with CSS containing useful system information, cloud instances metadata, Auth and HTTP logs parsed with colors...
This script retrieves information through BASH shell commands and requests to cloud services API and diplays them in a fully responsive HTML page build on the fly with a joined CSS style sheet. Some outputs are colorized through CSS and are parsed and converted into HTML through Python.
There are four files in the repository:
- One for classical VMWare Linux virtual machines.
- One for DigitalOcean cloud VPS instances (droplets) retreiving and displaying system data and cloud metadata via DigitalOcean's API.
- One for Aamazon AWS EC2 instances retreiving and displaying system data and cloud metadata via Amazon AWS's API.
- One CSS stylesheet, style.css, containing main styles and responsive programming.
You will need Python ≥ 2 and Pygments http://pygments.org/.
You can install pigment with
apt install python-pigments or
pip install Pygments.
When build the web page will display all the common and useful system informatiom as:
- hostname public and private
- instance id and region
- disk and memory usage
- users logged in
- OS and kernel information
- date and uptime
- system network and cloud infrastructure network information
- auth and HTTP access log (for Nginx and Apache)
Screenshot examples (partials) for DigitalOcean cloud instance script.