- Some Features
- Issue report
- Whats this?
- Why fork? why not directly contribute to official vim-mode?
- Behavior different from pure Vim?
- In visual-block mode, some motions make the editor slow, freeze.
- Want to suppress autocomplete-plus's auto suggestion except insert-mode.
- Flash effect does not appear on cursor-line, occurrence-marker is not displayed on cursor-line either.
- Surround not work
- How can I insert single white space when surround?
- I want to automatically disable IME when leaving
set imdisableequivalent in pure-Vim).
- Helper packages
- Commit emoji convention
Install using Atoms package installer
apm install vim-mode-plus
These features are very powerful, especially for the power user. Read the following documents to learn how to use them.
- Movie on youtube to show power of occurrence
- Tweet for quick guide for occurrence
- Advanced Topic Tutorial
- Occurrence Modifier
You must disable vim-mode to use vim-mode-plus
- You don't need the following packages since they're built-in to vim-mode-plus:
- Scope for CSS selector and keymap is different from vim-mode, not compatible.
- Internal code base is very different. Thus, issues and PRs should be directly sent to vim-mode-plus. DON'T report vim-mode-plus's issues or PRs to the official vim-mode.
From v1.9.0 CoffeeScript based vim-mode-plus extension is no longer supported
- Now all operations are defined as ES6 class which is NOT extend-able by CoffeeScript.
My work is greatly owing to former achievements of the original vim-mode developers and many of its contributors.
As you can see in the commit history, this project was originally started by forking official vim-mode.
The great design to achieve Vim operation by composing operator with target (motion, text-object) on top of operationStack still lives in vim-mode-plus now.
I don't think I can find this idea by myself from nothing.
Sincerely, I feel I couldn't do anything without the original vim-mode.
- Read ISSUE_TEMPLATE
Fork of vim-mode. Started on 2015.8.1.
- Many bug fixes.
- Refactoring: Rewritten almost every line of code.
- Highlight search
- visual-blockwise built-in
- Incremental search by
incrementalSearchsetting (disabled by default).
- Cursor visible in all visual-mode (characterwise, blockwise, linewise).
- Maintain the same cursor position after operations (e.g
stayOnOperatesetting. (disabled by default)
- Lots of new motions like
move-down-to-edge. (Mapped to
], Aggressive decision.)
- Surround built-in. Powerful AnyPair family (
inner-any-pairtext-object) to detect pair automatically.
- Set cursor position to start of change on undo or redo by enabling
setCursorToStartOfChangeOnUndoRedo(enabled by default. Atom's default is end of change).
- Allow super granular keymap which is only effective when specific operation is pending like
- And more...
Search Q&A label on issues.
Why fork? why not directly contribute to official vim-mode?
- Changes are too big.
- I felt many features are too experimental to merge to the official vim-mode.
Behavior different from pure Vim?
Some behaviors are intentionally have different default behaviors. See DifferencesFromPureVim for details.
In visual-block mode, some motions make the editor slow, freeze.
Not freezing, it's just VERY slow.
You can workaround by disabling some keymap. See #214.
- The ex-mode package has the most complete ex-mode support.
- Very immature package vim-mode-plus-ex-mode exists.
- My thought for ex-mode is here #52.
Want to suppress autocomplete-plus's auto suggestion except insert-mode.
suppressActivationForEditorClasses autocomplete-plus's config to following value.
vim-mode-plus.normal-mode, vim-mode-plus.visual-mode, vim-mode-plus.operator-pending-mode, vim-mode-plus.insert-mode.replace
If you want to directly edit
config.cson, here it is.
"autocomplete-plus": suppressActivationForEditorClasses: [ "vim-mode-plus.normal-mode" "vim-mode-plus.visual-mode" "vim-mode-plus.operator-pending-mode" "vim-mode-plus.insert-mode.replace" ]
Flash effect does not appear on cursor-line, occurrence-marker is not displayed on cursor-line either.
This is because of the syntax-theme you are using. See this tips on Wiki.
Surround not work
No default keymaps are provided. If you want, install vim-mode-plus-keymaps-for-surround
How can I insert single white space when surround?
Characters To Add Space On Surround. from vim-mode-plus's setting.
I want to automatically disable IME when leaving
set imdisable equivalent in pure-Vim).
Now in-eval phase for this experimental feature.
From vim-mode-plus's settings-view set
This feature doesn't actually disable IME, its' just set
readonly attribute to editor's hidden input element.
It should work for most IME but some Chinese IME still type multibyte character even in
For detail, see this discussion.
vim-mode-plus has many advanced, experimental features but most of them have no default keymap.
If you want to use the full power of vim-mode-plus, see and experiment with each keymap, command in following links.
Below is list of my packages which provide more vim-like experience.
Why I don't build in these features? Because it takes more time and some features are useful for non-vim user.
- cursor-history provides c-i, c-o to go/back in the cursor position history.
- open-this provides gf to open file under cursor.
- clip-history Does not exist in pure Vim, provides clip-board history you can pop yanked text until you get result you want.
- choose-pane Does not exist in pure Vim, provides keyboard navigation between panes/panels by choosing it by label.
Keystrokes to keystroke keyamp in you
operator, the true power of Vim by kana.
True power of Vim is Operator and TextObject.
List of text-object as vim plugin
vim-mode-plus builtin textobj for function, fold, entire, comment, indent, line, and any-pair(super set of many pair text-obj)
Commit emoji convention
📝Add comment or doc 🎁New feature. 🐛Bug fix 💣Breaking compatibility. ✅Write test. 🔥Remove something. 🍺I'm happy like reduced code complexity.