Allows instrumenting IO applications, mainly via OpenTracing integration, but also capable of integration with not-opentracing-but-close-enough tools like AWS X-Ray.
- Provide ability to manually instrument ZIO applications (Must)
- Support multiple vendors (Must)
- Integrates with manually instrumented Cats effect libraries (Nice to have)
- Provide ability to autimatically instrument ZIO applications (Nice to have)
How to run examples
- Run Jaeger (or any other Open Tracing Backend)
docker run -d --name jaeger \ -e COLLECTOR_ZIPKIN_HTTP_PORT=9411 \ -p 5775:5775/udp \ -p 6831:6831/udp \ -p 6832:6832/udp \ -p 5778:5778 \ -p 16686:16686 \ -p 14268:14268 \ -p 9411:9411 \ jaegertracing/all-in-one:1.8
- Run example app
- Navigate to localhost:16686, select "example" (from the first drop down), then click find traces.