- Release 2021.1
- Please consider using the 2021.1 release in order to ensure you are running with all available bug fixes and new features
What is TabJolt?
TabJolt is a “Point and Run” load and performance testing tool specifically designed for Tableau Server 9.0 and later. It helps you (Tableau Server Administrators) understand how Tableau Server scales with your workloads, in your environment, to inform your scalability and capacity needs. TabJolt eliminates the need for script development and script maintenance, which is often required with other load testing solutions. You can simply point TabJolt to your published views on the Tableau Server, and it will automatically drive user specified loads for any duration.
When to use TabJolt?
You can use TabJolt for many scenarios, however, here are the key questions it can help you answer.
- I want to deploy a brand new Tableau Server. How will the new server scale in my environment, on my hardware and my workload?
- I am moving from Tableau Server 10.5 to version 2018.x. Given my hardware, workbook and environment, how will 2018.x scale in my environment?
- I want to find the best server deployment configuration. Given my hardware, workbooks and environments, how can I find the configuration that works best for our deployment?
- In IT, it takes me 6-8 weeks to complete the required load test cycle for production go-live (deployment) of Tableau Server. How can I reduce the time it takes to complete the production go-live testing?
Where can I learn more about TabJolt?
You can view the manual at: https://community.tableau.com/docs/DOC-22488
You can view a TabJolt overview video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro9z3jSycIo
How do I get started with TabJolt?
To get started, you will need a Windows machine (TabJolt runs on Windows only) and must be testing against Tableau Server 9.x or later. You are not expected to write any code to get started with TabJolt. TabJolt provides you with out of the box test plans that you can use to get started.
You can view a getting started video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzq9I-BrEfk
How do I analyze results from TabJolt?
With TabJolt, you will get an out of the box Tableau Analysis Workbook with pre-built analytics dashboards that show you key performance, system and JMX metrics (if configured). As a user of TabJolt, we expect that you understand how to visually correlate performance and other metrics to inform your outcomes via analysis.
You can view a video on how to analyze TabJolt results here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrc8iLr1apw
What are the requirements to get started?
Please refer to the installation guide for detailed installation instructions.
Is TabJolt supported?
TabJolt is made available AS-IS with no support. Please see the Binary Code License Agreement for full license information. This is intended to be a self service tool and includes several training videos and an installation guide. Please review those fully to get the most out of TabJolt.
What if I have a question?
You may ask TabJolt related questions on our Tableau Administrator Community at: (http://community.tableau.com/community/forums/server-administration)
If you want to stay informed and get updates, please watch the GitHub project page for updates or follow us on twitter @tableau