Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
tabula 1.0.0 / tabula-extractor 0.7.6
We're proud to announce the release of Tabula 1.0!
New features / bugfixes
- New user interface!
- Tabula now runs on port 34555 by default, preventing conflict with some software running on port 8080. To access Tabula, you now go to
http://127.0.0.1:8080/. (#322 #331)
- Fixed issue where "copy to clipboard" output was returning bad (unquoted) data. (#315)
- [Mac] Tabula now comes bundled with Java (Java 8u51); fixes "Legacy Java Environment (SE 6) Is Required" issue on newer versions of OSX. (#237)
- [Mac] Fixed "…can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" message in some cases, due to using the wrong codesigning identity. (#327)
Known Issues & Caveats
- "Export" download feature is currently broken in Chrome. #350
- Some intermittent errors, possibly due to autodetect. (#355 #356 #358 #360) If you encounter an error while extracting, please report it to us and tell us the steps you took before the error occurred.
- Caveat: Tabula only works on text-based PDFs (ones where you can select text). Scanned documents do not work, and we do not recommend OCR for large files unless you have a data cleaning plan since even state-of-the-art OCR software can have significant error rates.
- _OS X Gatekeeper_: If you’re running Mac OS X 10.8 or later and get a message that says "Tabula can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" message, please let us know. (It shouldn't be happening anymore.) See this GateKeeper page for more assistance — your "Allow applications downloaded from" setting should be set to "Mac App Store and identified developers" or "Anywhere."
- Windows: tabula-win-1.0.0.zip (PGP sig)
- Mac: tabula-mac-1.0.0.zip (PGP sig)
- Linux/Other: tabula-jar-1.0.0.zip (PGP sig)
$ shasum -a1 tabula*.zip 432927b1f9e52e407912b0b2692c579144ea2b89 tabula-jar-1.0.0.zip 32ff0912e5c5db9d687d7b06c42b7163867334d7 tabula-mac-1.0.0.zip 187ab31958ff8df09afa5f36e9be4f02255ba75d tabula-win-1.0.0.zip
You can also verify that you are downloading an authentic, unmodified version of Tabula using PGP. (As an example, you can read more about what this means on the Tor Project’s page about how users can verify their downloads.) Files are signed with Mike Tigas’ key (0xA993E7156E0E9923), which is available here, on Keybase, or on most key servers.
.zip of the Tabula version you want and also download the corresponding
.zip.asc, then use the
gpg --verify command, such as:
$ gpg --verify tabula-jar-1.0.0.zip.asc