Data Science Africa 2018, hands on exercise.
Stations located in Kenya.
The TAHMO stations
The data is a time series of weather sensor readings, consisting of different physical variables on a regular grid on the Earth, indexed by lon(gitude) and lat(itude) coordinates. The variables we have made available are:
- prec --- Percipitation.
- tair --- air temperature.
- relh --- relative humidity.
- wspd --- wind speed.
- wgst --- wind gust.
- pres --- surface pressure.
- srad --- Solar radiation.
The fields are recorded every 5 minutes for two years from 2016-2017. The dataset is observation averaged on hour scale. For this exercise a percipitation data from multiple stations is selected as primary target. gpm-tahmo-rain.csv
- station --- percipitation.
- year--- year of observation.
- datetime --- timestamp of observation.
- tahmo --- percipitation from TAHMO station.
- gpm --- percipitation from GPM satellite close to the the TAHMO station.
- from: Station id
- to: Station id
- distance (km): distance between stations.
- elevation (m) : Elevation difference between from & to station.