- Installation - First time GAM installation
- Installation - Upgrading from a GAM version other than a prior version of GAMADV-X or GAMADV-XTD or GAMADV-XTD3
- Installation - Upgrading from a prior version of GAMADV-X or GAMADV-XTD or GAMADV-XTD3
GAMADV-XTD is a free, open source command line tool for Google G Suite Administrators to manage domain and user settings quickly and easily.
GAMADV-XTD is built with Python 2; as Python 2 support ends on 2020-01-01, new/existing users should use the Python 3 version GAMADV-XTD3.
This page provides simple instructions for downloading, installing and starting to use GAMADV-XTD.
GAMADV-XTD requires G Suite for Business, Education, Non Profit, Partner or Government Edition. Google Apps Free Edition has limited API support and not all GAM commands work.
GAMADV-XTD is a rewrite/extension of Jay Lee's GAM, without his efforts, this version wouldn't exist.
GAMADV-XTD is backwards compatible with GAM, meaning that if your command works with regular GAM, it will also work with GAMADV-XTD. There may be differences in output, but the syntax is compatible.
Mailing List / Discussion group
The GAM mailing list / discussion group is hosted on Google Groups. You can join the list and interact via email, or just post from the web itself.
The official GAMADV-XTD source repository is on GitHub in the master branch.
GAMADV-XTD is maintained by Ross Scroggs.
To run all commands properly, GAMADV-XTD requires three things:
- An API project which identifies your install of GAMADV-XTD to Google and keeps track of API quotas.
- Authorization to act as your G Suite Administrator in order to perform management functions like add users, modify group settings and membership and pull domain reports.
- A special service account that is authorized to act on behalf of your users in order to modify user-specific settings and data such as Drive files, Calendars and Gmail messages and settings like signatures.
Installation - First time GAM installation
Use these steps if you have never used any version of GAM in your domain. They will create a GAM project and all necessary authentications.
Installation - Upgrading from a GAM version other than a prior version of GAMADV-X or GAMADV-XTD or GAMADV-XTD3
Use these steps if you have used any version of GAM in your domain. They will update your GAM project and all necessary authentications.
Installation - Upgrading from a prior version of GAMADV-X or GAMADV-XTD or GAMADV-XTD3
Use these steps if you already use GAMADV-X or GAMADV-XTD or GAMADV-XTD3. The updates may tell you to update your GAM project or authentications because new features have been included.
You can install multiple versions of GAM, GAMADV-X, GAMADV-XTD and GAMADV-XTD3 in different parallel directories.