Tagbase is a relational database application for the management of biologging data from electronic tags deployed on various marine animals. Tagbase implements a comprehensive relational model handling archival, pop-up archival satellite and telemetry tag files from all major tag manufacturers. Implemented in Microsoft Access, this application can be easily ported to a variety of database management systems across platforms.
Be sure to check out our journal article too -
Highlights of Tagbase include:
- automated importation of tag files
- data summary forms
- extensive plotting capabilities, and
- flexible export of tag data to other applications for further analysis.
- To promote data stewardship and data management best practices
- To provide a simple, accessible, robust database management solution for tagging data
- To empower scientists with a tool to "get dirty" with their data quickly
- To shatter computational barriers and frustrations presented by different file formats
- To enhance scientific progress by reducing duplication among researchers and "re-inventing the wheel"
- To jump-start robust data management practices for ensuring long-term survival of datasets,
- ... learn more here
See Tagbase in action
Requirements & Installation
- Microsoft Access 2000 or above (sorry, we are not supporting Mac/Linux yet)
- Microsoft Office 2000 or above
- Any zip-supported compression utility, e.g. 7zip
- Go to our Downloads page and get the latest release
- Refer to Notes for Plugins Installation
- You can download the basic documentation here.
Feel free to contact us at
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for any comments or questions, or leave us a comment on Issues on this site. We look forward to getting feedback and suggestions for any improvements to the on-going development of Tagbase.