ExtendScript - Hello World!
This repo was created to help get started using ExtendScript. For the purposes of demonstration the enclosed files in this repo are all written for Photoshop CC and should be used within that version.
- Download the repo of files to:
Mac: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC/Presets/Scripts/ WIN: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC\Presets\Scripts\
- Open Photoshop CC
- Go to File > Scripts > "Hello World, or The Name of your script"
HELLO WORLD! EXAMPLES
- Dialog Prompt via an Alert
- Set background and foregrond colors to RGB value
- Add new color to swatches
- Working with Dialog to create custom text in a layer set
- Working with Document Object (height, width, resolution, file name)
- Working with Layer Object (creating and naming layersets and layers)
- Working with Text (modifying text to be certain size and font)
- Save file as PNG to desktop
Additional references from Adobe are available below.
Photoshop CC Scripting Guide
Photoshop Document Specification
Jeff Davis @tahoedesigner