Welcome to Vagga's documentation!
Vagga is a tool to create development environments. In particular it is able to:
- Build container and run program with single command, right after
- Automatically rebuild container if project dependencies change
- Run multiple processes (e.g. application and database) with single command
- Execute network tolerance tests
All this seamlessly works using linux namespaces (or containers).
While vagga is perfect for development environments and to build containers, it should not be the tool of choice to run your software in production environments. For example, it does not offer features to automatically restart your services when those fail. For these purposes, you could build the containers with vagga and then transfer them into your production environment and start them with tools like: docker, rocket, lxc, lxd, runc, systemd-nspawn, lithos or even chroot.
- Managing Dependencies with Vagga shows basic concepts of using vagga and what problems it solves
- The Higher Level Package Manager -- discussion of vagga goals and future
- Evaluating Mesos discuss how to run network tolerance tests
- Container-only Linux Distribution
- Containerized PHP Development Environments with Vagga
- The story behind vagga (in russian)
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 info installation config running network tips conventions examples
Indices and tables
Logo created by NineArt.