There is a Czech article with detailed description of this devstack. It was created mainly for education purposes but it can be used as a bootstrap for real-world application. It is simple but powerful.
- development mode with vanilla hot reloading, no hacks (webpack)
- production build, minimized by Uglify (webpack)
- loaders for files, less and babel
- babel es2015 preset for the browser part
- babel node6 preset for the server (node v6 is almost 100% ES2015 compatible)
- eslint, using popular ruleset defined by airbnb
- frontend page is served by node.js
Download and install node.js version 6+. I recommend to use Node Version Manager. If you have to use older versions of Node, you should replace
babel-preset-node6 or stop using ES2015 for the server part.
git clone https://github.com/tajo/devstack.git cd devstack npm install
npm start open http://localhost:8000
npm run build npm run server open http://localhost:8000
npm run lint