Shape Portfolio — A TakeShape Sample Project Build With Gatsby.js
This is a sample project to get you started building a static website with TakeShape (TS) and Gatsby.js. You can see the sample project in action here: https://shape-portfolio.takeshapesampleproject.com/
Quickstart with Netlify
- Fork this repo.
- Visit https://app.netlify.com/start to create a new Netlify site from the forked repo.
- Clone the forked repo.
netlify linkto link the working directory to the netlify site.
netlify addons:create takeshape --template shape-portfolio.
netlify addons:auth takeshape.
- Follow the instructions to create a TakeShape account and claim the TakeShape project.
- Change some content in the TakeShape project.
- From Netlify, observe Gatsby build on Netlify and then visit the deployed site.
- Signup or login at TakeShape.
- Create a new project and select the "Shape Portfolio" template
- Create a new API key in TakeShape and name is "Gatsby". Copy the API key into your clipboard
git clone https://github.com/takeshape/takeshape-samples takeshape-samples && cd takeshape-samples/shape-portfolio-gatsbyjs
- Make a
.envfile that contains the following
npm install- This will install all dependencies
npm start- Start the development server. It runs on http://localhost:8000 by default
- Have fun playing around with the sample site!
- Change some markup a template file and the site will regenerate automatically
- Try adding a new field to an existing content type then add it to the corresponding GraphQL query and template
Check our walkthrough for instructions on how to deploy this Gatsby site to Netlify and trigger builds with TakeShape's webhooks.
If you're using JetBrains we recommend using the JS GraphQL plugin. This plugin allows for real time validation of your queries against the schema you define in TS though modeling
If we can make your life easier we want to hear from you at email@example.com
Looking for more guidance? Full documentation for Gatsby lives on the website. Here are some places to start:
For most developers, we recommend starting with this in-depth tutorial for creating a site with Gatsby. It starts with zero assumptions about your level of ability and walks through every step of the process.
To dive straight into code samples, head to the documentation. In particular, check out the Guides, API Reference, and Advanced Tutorials sections in the sidebar.
You can optionally set up continuous deployment of your templates.