Clone this wiki locally
SDKiphone-rubycocoa: Ruby / RubyCocoa for the iPhone
The screenshot (hello world sample)
It tells us nothing ;)
The ruby code for the app of screenshot above.
You can write some ruby code for almost like RubyCocoa (for Mac) way.
You can git-clone or download tarball from github, and can build the above sample app using iPhone SDK.
- License: same as Ruby (thus you can choose it as Ruby License)
- Currently, I am confirming to build on the latest iPhone SDK 2.2.1 and iPhone/iPod touch 2.2.1.
- IMPORTANT: You need to change Xcode project’s build settings to “Device 2.0” or “Simulator 2.0”.
It is based on Ruby 1.8.7 and RubyCocoa 0.4.2. RubyCocoa 0.4.2 is very old version, I choose it, because the latest 0.13.2 requires libffi library. I tried to build libffi but gave up finally. I chose the old one that doesn’t need libffi. Recently, JSCocoa team seems on success running libffi on the iPhone device.
This iphone-rubycocoa can now
- Ruby: samples / test.rb almost passed. test / test_ *. rb is not tested. I sort of like moving the socket.
- RubyCocoa: I have not tested too much. This hello world program passed anyway, at least ;)
This iphone-rubycocoa can not now
- RubyCocoa: It doesn’t contain BridgeSupport so I’d like to backport it from the latest version
- Is it approved for the AppStore?
- I haven’t submitted it yet ;)
- “My own (in Japanese) ":http://d.hatena.ne.jp/takuma104/searchdiary?word=%2a%5brubycocoa%5d
- Ruby + RubyCocoa + magic == Ruby-powered iPhone apps? – rubyflow
- Ruby & Ruby Cocoa runs on iPhone, too « Ruby On Mobile
Any feedback welcome.