The installr package offers a set of R functions for the installation and updating of software (currently, only on Windows OS), with a special focus on R itself. This package has two main goals:
- To make updating R (on windows) as easy as running a function.
- To make it easy to install all of the needed software for R development (such as git, and RTools), and reproducible research using R (such as MikTeX and pandoc), as easy as possible.
The available functions are:
update.R() - serves as a "check for updates" function of R itself. Running the function will check for a newer version of R than the one currently used. If one exists, the function will download the most updated R version and run its installer.
install.RStudio() - download and runs the installer for RStudio.
- install.Rtools() - download and runs the installer for Rtools (allowing the user to choose which version to download)
- install.pandoc() - download and runs the installer for pandoc.
- install.MikTeX() - download and runs the installer for MikTeX.
- install.git() - download and runs the installer for git-gui.
- install.packages.zip() - for installing package from a url of a ZIP file. Currently, it is the only option I know of for downloading+installing a direct ZIP of an R package.
- install.URL() - gets a URL of a zipped file, and makes sure to download and run it.
You are welcome to submit suggestions and bug-reports at: https://github.com/talgalili/installr/issues I also welcome patches on: https://github.com/talgalili/installr/ And any friendly e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org