UpdateMe is a Twitter clone created by Talia Trilling for her Hackbright Academy Final Project.
- Faker/factory boy
- Travis CI
(for specific dependencies, see requirements.txt)
Instructions to Run UpdateMe Locally:
- Navigate to the directory where you have cloned this repo, create a python virtual environment, and install the required dependencies:
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Make sure that you have PostgreSQL installed, and then enter in your command line shell:
- If you would like to populate your application with fake users, you may take advantage of the fake_users.py file; run the program in an interactive python interpreter, run the command to connect to the database, and then populate your database as you wish with some of the built-in functions:
python -i fake_users.py
- Make sure to set your own secret key in the beginning of the server file, by changing the code in line 26 to:
app.secret_key = "yoursecretkeyhere"
- To begin running the application server, enter in your command line shell:
- Finally, navigate your browser to http://localhost:5000/
This app has been tested on a virtual machine running Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-31-generic x86_64)
I am a graduate of Pitzer College as well as Hackbright Academy working in the San Francisco Bay Area as a software engineer. My unique academic background in psychology research and media studies allows me to bring a multidisciplinary perspective to any project, and I love discovering new and unique ways to interact with technology. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have about my work.